Sunday, January 18, 2015

To Think or Not to Think!!!

One of the things I've found in writing these posts is that it seems I get triggers from the past weeks events. This weeks is thinking, actually thinking too much. I've found that I'm always struggling for an answer. I'm not looking to be right or correct, instead I'm looking for an answer to the million thoughts going through my head.

Chatting it up with friends

I had a few conversations this week that centered around needing answers. It seems the ones who are most at peace with themselves are the ones who just accept the way things are. The conversations revolved around dealing with other peoples actions and trying to make sense of them. Unusual for me, I just kept my mouth shut and listened (group conversation). ;-)

The conversation ended when my friend just saying "this time, I'm not looking for an answer". "This is the way it was meant to be and I'll move on".

Reflection

Those last words may not be an exact quote, but they stuck with me this week. I've always prided myself on being and to handle the truth or brutal honestly. I think this may be a source of what I'm struggling with now. What happens when I have the answer for all the crap going through my brain? I OVER THINK

We've all been there. Its late and time for bed and then the mind instantly kicks into high gear. Minutes feel like hours and you just can't fall asleep. This drives me insane. The problem first surfaced around the time my dad was in hospice, then through the divorce and now through Post-divorce life.

These events happen less often, but I can't seem to shake them. I'm actually at a loss for what to do. The problem appears self containing, continuing to search for the answer which is what i'm struggling with. You see all these sayings and quotes about just stop thinking about it, well I wish these quotes would give me a very tips on how.

Maybe writing these posts contributes to the problem. ?? The solution appears to be just to accept the way things are and move on, but how?


No comments:

Post a Comment